Other Menu

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Hamburg Happenings. // Winter 2015


Winter in northern Europe is no joke.

While the sun manages to rise by 9:00am, it packs up and heads home for the day around 4:00pm. That lazy sun. But the clouds, the clouds seem to work overtime, so should the sun even make an appearance, the clouds make sure to block out an ray to possibly come our way. It's hard. So when I get out of work around 6:00pm, I typically find myself in a pattern of going home, cooking, showering, TV. No more, no less. I create a rut, and I find comfort in building a home there...

But... BUT (!) now the sun is staying out longer, and the clouds are taking some time off, (and this metaphor is ridiculous, I know), and this changes everything.

So farewell, Hamburg winter... and hello, Mr. Sun. I've missed you. I really have.

And I've missed this blog.

Blogs are tricky in that unless it's your bread and butter, it's hard to stay motivated to write after you write all day to earn aforementioned bread and butter. Now that the sun stays out longer, and there's a bit of light still when I get home, I feel like I have been gifted a few hours of the day, making me so much happier and optimistic. I suddenly want to jump back in to all of my beloved hobbies.

There for a while, I never knew if my desire to write for fun would return.

But it has, and for that, I am oh, so thankful.

Artikel Terkait

0   komentar

Post a Comment

Cancel Reply